Telecommunications Work Sample
Users are introduced to some of the basics of the telecommunications industry. Users learn the fundamentals of transmitting sound using fiber optics. Activities included are modulating laser light to telecommunications signals, modulating radio signals, and bending laser light in fiber optic cable using a laser, adapter, and a photometer/receiver.
• set up and use a laser, fiber optic cable, and a photometer/receiver.
• convert laser light into telecommunications signals
• modulate radio signals to transmit music or voice signals over a laser beam
• transmit voice using laser beam and fiber optic cable
• send electronic signals in laser light by bending laser light in fiber optic cable
• follow proper health and safety procedures