Research shows that only 15% of worker success is determined by what they know (hard skills). The other 85% of success is determined by soft skills. Conover® Workplace Readiness is the culmination of almost 40 years of research and development in the area of job readiness, combined with the latest advantages of cloud-based technology. Give your program participants a leg up in preparing for, seeking and securing the career of their choice.
The Workplace Readiness system is recognized by the National Soft Skills Association as an effective tool for assessment and skill intervention of critical soft skills.
Why Workplace Readiness?
For the past century, the cry from employers in this country has been to include soft skills assessment and training when preparing students for the workplace. Today many high school and college graduates lack the soft skills necessary for success in the workplace. This cry has been mostly ignored until now. The Workplace Readiness program was developed to address the need for an evidence-based assessment and skill intervention system for soft skills.
Top 8 Most Important Soft Skills
Learn the top 8 most sought after soft skills that are absolutely critical for success in today’s workplace.
Why a Conover Credential™?
For close to four decades, The Conover Company® has been a leader in the career planning, soft skills and life skills areas. For the first time we are offering a Conover Credential™ to successful participants of the Workplace Readiness system.
Conover® Workplace Readiness is the culmination of almost 40 years of research and development in the area of job readiness, combined with the latest advantages of cloud-based technology. Give your program participants a leg up in preparing for, seeking and securing the career of their choice. The Workplace Readiness program currently has three components: Job Readiness Series, Job Seeking Series, and Job Keeping Series.
Job Readiness Series is an eight-part series on workplace readiness. This credentialing system covers critical soft skills employers are looking for when assessing potential job candidates. The skills included are: Attitude, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Critical Thinking, Interpersonal/Social Skills, Teamwork, Professionalism and Media Rules.
Job Seeking Series is a six-part series on job seeking. This credentialing system includes key job seeking skills needed to find, apply, interview and accept a job. These skills include: Job Search, Resumes, Job Applications, Preparing for an Interview, Interviewing and After the Interview.
Job Keeping Series is a three-part series on job keeping. This credentialing system includes practical tips on how to effectively relate to customers, supervisors and co-workers. These skills include Getting off on the Right Foot, Getting Along in the Workplace and Performance Reviews.
Upon successful completion of either series, participants can earn a Conover Credential™.
Credits are how you deliver content to your users. Credits never expire and can be used for anything in the Conover Online product catalog. Credits start at just $10.00 per credit with quantity discounts available. Pay only for what you want to use. Click here to learn more about credits.
Instructor-Led Course Option
Now you can take advantage of our 700 plus motivational instructional videos from our Workplace Readiness Series in an instructor-led format to teach critical soft skills for life and workplace success. After completion of the course use the Workplace Readiness Online version to assess participant knowledge and to issue a Conover Credential™ for Workplace Readiness. Learn more about Conover Resources
Everything in our Workplace Readiness System is evidence-based and built off of 40+ years of research. Download the White Paper on Workplace Readiness – The Need for Soft Skills Assessment and Skill Intervention.
Want more information about the Workplace Readiness system? Our PDF brochure explains the pre and post assessment process and the powerful skill intervention systems that make up the core of the Workplace Readiness program.